The white house or Dar Es-sultan
was a beautiful palace once constructed by Hoban
a rich negociator of the makhzen. It was given to Sultan
Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah before it became the residence
of Moulay Abderrahmane, Khalifa of the king
in Mogador. When he was king (1822 -1858) it served as residence
for high dignitaires of the makhzen.
This palace was fully furnished
in European style and had glass windows, installed by Dutch craftsmen,
and gilded mirrors. Dinitaires of jigh colours had marched through
this building: ambassadors, consuls, as Barisien, Höst,
men of science as Ali Bey el-Abassi, merchants and many
others ... It later became the residence of King Moulay Abderrahmane,
Khalifa of Mogador
at the time. When the prince became king (1822-1858), the palace
was the residence of passage for high dignitaries of the Makhzen.
For many years the palace was under the protection of the inhabitants
of Diabet but is was gradually attacked by vandals and
sandstorms, and fell into oblivion.